Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break update

Nothing too exciting going on here.

I just wanted to give a few personal and family updates.

  • I have decided to go back to school. I am going to train at KVCC to be a Paramedic. I am starting classes May 18th with a Biology class and an EMT class I need as prerequisites. The actual paramedic program starts in the Fall and goes thru the following summer. This time next fall I should be working as a paramedic with a local ambualnce service.
  • My wife twisted her knee back in February and tore the meniscus in her left knee. She is scheduled for arthroscopic surgery April 21st. She is very scared about having her knee scoped, but she is also in a great deal of pain. Hopefully this will provide her with some relief.
  • I was thinking about training for and competing in the Borgess 5k Run. It has been so long since I ran distances (about 22yrs). I have been biking seriously for about 4yrs, but running is such a different animal. Pounding on the joints, expending energy very quickly in large amounts. I might be able to add some running over the next 6mo and then try next year. My heart just is not in to the running right now.
  • I love biking though. I am planning on competing in the Starkerman Jr. Time Trial 20k on May 15th up in Gayord at TreeTops. I need to get my bike tuned up a little and me also before I tackle that one. There are a lot of hills and I need to get the brakes fixed on my bike first.
  • I have added on some weight recently. I am sure it is because of a number of factors. I am unemployed, so sitting at home all day leaves many foods open to tempation. I also am lifting more and doing less cardio than I was last summer. Once I get on the bike and start classes, I am sure the weight will come off quickly. I am 223 right now with a little more of a ponch than I had at the begining of the year. That also should come off quickly. I have added some new ab exercises to my routine and they will produce quick results.

No comments: