Saturday, April 7, 2007

Life hits you hard sometimes

My wife and I have a 14yr old daughter. Since she entered middle school she has developed a very strong friendship with another classmate. Her parents were recently divorced when we met her. I am not exactly sure of the dates.

Over the last few years we have almost become a second family for this young lady. Her parents fought like an two ex's can tend to do. Her father had a bad drinking problem. This was one of the main reasons that they divorced. It was difficult for her to spend time with him after the divorce especially when the alcohol was around.

The worst thing happened the other night though. He took his own life. She is of course in shock. Regardless of how strained a relationship she had with him recently, this is still very devastating to a young lady. She is a great kid. My daughter is doing a great job of supporting her. We are trying to do everything we can to support her in this difficult time.

It's quite a shame that he had to put her through this. I will post more at a later date about the recovery process, especially how a young Chrisitan girl handles this tragedy.

The Kazoo Spartan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can feel for her in that situation, my father has had several problematic times with alcohol. I think its really kind of you to be helping her.